The msvcp140.dll file aids with the execution of different apps in your system. The msvcp140.dll file is a Microsoft Runtime system library that is regularly utilized by the hundreds of apps that are operating on your computer.
Due to excessive demand, the file may get corrupted at times. Due to its high demand, this file might get damaged and display messages such as
“The code execution cannot progress because MSVCP140.dll was not found.”
This issue may be resolved by reinstalling the application.” It is sometimes caused by damaged system libraries, but there is no need to worry because it is readily repaired. The excellent thing is that there are several ways available to correct this sort of problem. In the prior post, we shall see some of the solutions to this problem.
Read Also: Unreal Engine 4 System Requirements
Method 1: Download and install the MSVCP140.dll file from the internet.
Because the MSVCP140.dll file is utilized by several programs in your system and might get corrupted due to heavy demand, it must be replaced with a new one if it becomes damaged.You may obtain this file directly by following the easy procedures outlined below:
- Download and install the DLL-files setup.
- Run the application when it has been installed.
- Now, in the search box, type msvcp140.dll and press the Search for DLL file button.
- In the search result, click on the msvcp140.dll file name.
- Next, click Install.
- After a downloading and installing, determine whether or not this strategy works for you. If it doesn’t work, move on to the next one.
Method 2: Reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package From Internet.
The Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package offers the runtime environment for C++-based applications created with Visual Studio. This package includes the file msvcp140.dll. You may easily download and reinstall the full package from Microsoft. Once you reinstall this application, a new msvcp14.dll file will be created, which you may use to replace the damaged one. Here are the steps you must take:
- Visit Microsoft’s official download website and choose Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3.
- Next, the user must choose a language and click the Download option.
- Carefully choose the version from the download list that is compatible with your Windows version, i.e. x64 or x84.
- To find out what version of Windows you have, type System info in the search box and then look for System type in the window.
- Now, click the download button, and after the download is complete, install the package and restart your computer.
- Try launching the PUBG game again to check if the issue remains. If there is no error pop-up notification, your problem has been resolved and you can resume your games without interruption.
Method 3: Reinstalling the PUBG Game
According to the Programs’ installation records, some may include this msvcp140.dll missing PUBG document, which will resolve this issue. To resolve the issue, reinstall the full game. In certain circumstances, your system may prompt you to do the same; you can also attempt this technique to resolve the PUBG Cannot Find msvcp140.dll issue.
- The first step is to open a Run window by hitting the Window + R keys simultaneously.
- Now, in the Run window, type appwiz.cpl and press the Enter key.
- You will be routed to a new window displaying a list of all installed apps and programs on your computer.
- Choose the PUBG Lite program from the list and click Uninstall.
- You will see a confirmation box appear on your screen.
- Select Yes. This will completely remove the program from your computer. Finally, you must restart your device.
Method 4: Copy MSVCP140.dll File From Another PC
Now here is a way you may attempt to resolve the issue that appears. This is a pretty easy approach for resolving PUBG Cannot Find msvcp140.dll. Simply copy the MSVCP140.dll file from another computer and paste it into the computer that is experiencing the issue. However, the PC from which you are copying should be running the same version of Windows as the one that is encountering the issue. Otherwise, this procedure will not work.
The Msvcp140.dll file should have the same Windows version (10/8/7) and architecture (x86/ x64) as your PC.
- To begin, press the Windows+E keys simultaneously to launch the File Explorer. Navigate to the local disk: (C) and then follow this route (C:\Windows\System32).
- Secondly, in the System32 folder, locate the msvcp140.dll file and copy it to your pendrive. Paste this copied file into the same directory (C:WindowsSystem32) on your computer.
- Once you’ve completed the above instructions, all you have to do is restart your PC and load PUBG Lite. Hopefully, this will resolve the problem.
Method 5: Run a Full System Virus Scan
Until you discover a permanent solution to the vexing problem message PUBG Cannot Find msvcp140.dll.
Then we propose that you run a full system virus check on your computer. Because Windows security cannot differentiate certain Malwares, we recommend using Malware Bytes, Avira, or another third-party reputable antivirus to monitor your full PC’s actions and potential difficulties.
If your antivirus detects any Threats or Malware after the thorough scan. Simply place them in the Virus Vault or the Quarantine (Virus Chest). Following that, follow the instructions provided by your antivirus application. This should fix the issue you were having with the startup of your PUBG game.
The best and most successful options for resolving the missing msvcp140.dll file problem are to reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package or to install a fresh copy of MSVCP140.dll File.
Thank you for visiting this website, if this article is useful, readers can help us by sharing the article, if there is an error or mistaken you guys can contact us.